Bici
BMC SLR01
videocameraua1.jpg

ANTHONY

Pignone
11 Agosto 2007
Visita sito
atc-2000.jpg
Warmer, warmer, warm enough? Version 2 for the ATC series. It’s good to see that Oregon Scientific came right back with a new and improved ATC model, the ATC-2000. It seems they listened to ATC-1000 users and tried their best to get it right in round 2. So did they?
For starters, the ATC2K helmet cam is now capturing at 30 fps! This is huge. Resolution is still 640×480 (a 720×480 option would be nice.) Water-resistant to 10 feet. USB 2.0. Slight battery change (for the better). Overall an excellent 2.0 release!
Price. Wow. Under $130.00 US. I’m already seeing these on the web for under a $100 US. This is a fantastic price point. Read on for more!

atc-2000-helmet.jpg
Let’s talk about video and compression quality for the ATC2K. What I know is from the manual and various bits on the web. The Manual also states that the output files are AVI, but no reference to the codec. Looking at the output files it appears the codec is Motion JPEG (not to be confused with MPEG) with a video bitrate of 4954 kbps (assuming best quality). Oh yeah, it captures mono audio as well at 8Khz @ 64 kbps. Not sure how it will handle wind noise, but they probably have that figured out. M-JPEG is create for capturing motion as each frame is compressed individually and stored. I’m assuming that by jumping to 30fps they found a new compression chipset with some more juice.

Here is some additional information I gathered from the manual regarding storage. A 2GB SD Card will store 60 minutes of 640×480@30FPS video. With 2GB SD cards running around $60

Ci farei un pensierino come regalo di natale, non ti permette però di registrarti la durata di tutta una Gf con una scheda da 2GB (massimo 60 min.), per quanto riguarda il wind noise reduction? Su Youtube ho visto qualche filmato di gare amatoriali in bici fatte in America e riprese con la telecamera USB, si sente solo il vento che scorre senza commenti da parte del ciclista, qualcuno del forum l' ha già testata?

ClaudioMaria

Apprendista Cronoman
29 Agosto 2006
New York
Visita sito
Bici
BMC SLR01
Kéo;844404 ha scritto:
A ke serve???

Serve a divertirsi. Nel senso: L'idea mi e' stata data da alcuni ragazzi fermi davanti ad un bar che ridevano divertiti a bordo delle loro MTB. Mi avvicino per capire, e avevano un Display piccolo dove si rivedevano momentaneamente il percosso che avevano fatto quel giorno nel salire sull'etna. Spettacolo!!!. Allora ho pensato che il tutto si puo' fare anche in BDC quando si esce in gruppo e si affronta una salita. Da rivedere insieme nel nostro piccolo club per sfottere :mrgreen: ......per vedere effettivamente i momenti piu' belli o-o . Insomma, una curiosita'. Ma non serve solo a questo.......