Making a bespoke Llewellyn

ciofecca gialloblù

Apprendista Velocista
16 Maggio 2009
Verona
Visita sito
Bici
de fero
Darrell first of all thanks for the reply.
I'd like to know if you have a brand and model, or more than one, of rims that you use and assemble. If a customer does not give you a bond price to assemble a custom 32 hole wheels, such as rims, hubs and spokes are you using?
What do you think of Mavic Open Pro? Have you ever had the wheels and the Mavic Open Pro Ceramic?

Dazza

Pignone
ciofecca gialloblù;2959432 ha scritto:
Darrell first of all thanks for the reply.
I'd like to know if you have a brand and model, or more than one, of rims that you use and assemble. If a customer does not give you a bond price to assemble a custom 32 hole wheels, such as rims, hubs and spokes are you using?
What do you think of Mavic Open Pro? Have you ever had the wheels and the Mavic Open Pro Ceramic?

I have used a lot of Ambrosio Excellence rims and for the big heavy lads Ambrosio FCS28 rims for many years. When I worked with the Aussie team and was living in Italy I visited the Ambrosio factory as they were our team sponsor for many years.

But I have returned to Mavic Open Pro rims. It is a good sensible rim. I think it is bit stronger than the Excellence rim.

I have seen pieces of the ceramic coating come off some Mavic rims and this makes the rim useless.
I have not seen or heard of any one having a great advantage with them.
I do not think it is worth the hassle.

I use Swiss DT spokes
and DT tie wire for the rear wheel
for more wheel building info go here

ciofecca gialloblù

Apprendista Velocista
16 Maggio 2009
Verona
Visita sito
Bici
de fero
I have used a lot of Ambrosio Excellence rims and for the big heavy lads Ambrosio FCS28 rims for many years. When I worked with the Aussie team and was living in Italy I visited the Ambrosio factory as they were our team sponsor for many years.

But I have returned to Mavic Open Pro rims. It is a good sensible rim. I think it is bit stronger than the Excellence rim.

I have seen pieces of the ceramic coating come off some Mavic rims and this makes the rim useless.
I have not seen or heard of any one having a great advantage with them.
I do not think it is worth the hassle.

I use Swiss DT spokes
and DT tie wire for the rear wheel
for more wheel building info go here

Thank you Darrell o-o

T

tzimbar1

hai ragione ,bellissime immagini viste da parte mia anche con una punta di sana invidia x un lavoro che deve dare tantissime soddisfazioni
immagini da far vedere a coloro che apprezzano solo la stampata del carbonio
......e pensa che oggi sono stato in una "gioielleria", per me, ancora migliore.
.........e indovina cosa prendo?????o-o

Ultima modifica di un moderatore: